Friday, January 1, 2010

Sad Zoo...

So we decided to check out the local zoo -- big mistake. I don't know what we were thinking, we do live in a third world country...but I really wanted to see the little animals!

It was mostly sad -- the animals don't have very much room to roam around and they only have dirt and mud to roll around in. The best part by far was the obese monkeys. I have never seen monkeys with potbellies...and poor things, it's really not their fault. Their cages are within arms reach of the visitors and people feed them!!! We saw this whole family feed a gaggle of monkeys all of their peanut butter sandwiches. It is the most ridiculous thing I have ever seen.

We also saw a woman hang her infant child over the tiger's area, and the tiger was not very far away -- none of those human barrier trenches we are used to seeing. I swear a few people a year must be eaten alive. This place is nuts and these people don't understand personal space with people or animals. Crazy!

They do have really good snacks though...

No comments:

Post a Comment