But I am back because I do have some crazy news to report....
As we have found in the last few years we have been in the FS, you don't always have a lot of control of the path you are on and need to learn to roll with the punches. We got an email just before Christmas, in the middle of our home leave, as we were driving between Wyoming and Nebraska during our 5,000+ mile road trip across America, that we would no longer be going to Frankfurt....
This world is small so I won't go into too much detail, but sadly the person we were supposed to replace could not fulfill their duty and had to leave post about a year early. Frankfurt could not wait that long for my husband to be ready. So just like that our dream next post that we have been preparing for, for almost a year, was off the table and we had no idea what was in store for us next. Needless to say we were crushed and living in limbo was terrible, but you know, when we signed up we were well aware that curve balls could be thrown our way from time to time. And maybe this is going to be a blessing in disguise...
So where are we going next, you might ask?!?!?
Beijing! And we are thrilled. I know it is going to be an amazing experience, one we will cherish for years to come, and who knows, maybe one day we will finally make it back to Frankfurt. This has been a lot to wrap our heads around, but new dreams and plans are being made and today marked the first full day of Mandarin for the both of us! Yep, Chinese language and China madness here we come! We are ready to jump in with both feet and I am looking forward to making the most of our next two years out there and language is definitely the key to that...please wish me luck!
And if you want a good laugh, I will let you know what my Chinese name is....Fu Sha! Yep, that is right, Fu Sha. It puts me in a fit of giggles just typing it. This might be a long eight months...
I will keep you posted on my progress and I know I will for sure have some good stories. I mean my name is Fu Sha now and if I can be such a disaster speaking Spanish can you even begin to image what I am going to do with Chinese?!??! It is going to be ridiculous.
So that is about it. Crazy, right?!?! I have obviously glossed over the emotional roller coaster, but we got through it and really are going to be okay. And during this madness and huge change, I have taken on another blog project that I would love, love, love for you to check it out...
http://meshblog.tumblr.com/
This is a daily lifestyle blog I am doing with my best friend. It is so much fun and I have loved getting into it, and I do promise MESH is not a replacement for Fergusons on the Loose, just another outlet and I hope another fun blog for you to follow...
Hope you are wonderful and thanks again for tuning-in. I cannot tell you how much it means to me!
xoxo
t
No comments:
Post a Comment