Tuesday, March 23, 2010

It's a shame...

"That you have diplomatic plates. I would really have liked to give you a ticket!"

Said the not so very nice traffic cop. Thankfully Craig was in the car, I obvioulsy could have never interpretted that on my own. But I most certainly understood his tone! (And I don't know what I would have done if I was by myself? Cry and drive away like a crazy person?)

And what did I do wrong you ask, to find myself stopped in the middle of rush hour, blocking two lanes of angry, honking commuters, by a traffic cop lit up like a Christmas tree with a little white top hat?

I turned, in a clearly marked turning lane, with no sign saying you can't turn here. I guess I was just suppossed to know?!?!?!?! Amazing!

And of course the diplomatic plates are a priveledge not to be taken advantage of. But I had no idea the power! And thank god -- I can only imagine that this is not the last time I will need them. Because you know, road rules are apparently made up on the spot.

I don't want to cash in all my "Get Out Of Jail Free" cards, but I am beyond thrilled to have one! It's like a little perfect back-up system.

P.S. This little incident reminds of the last time I got pulled over. I was sixteen and speeding in LO (notorious for speed traps) with my mom in the car! How embarressing. I cried like a crazy person. And did not get a ticket. Classic, right?!?!?

Until next time -- you know this is not my last post from my adventures on the road!

1 comment:

  1. We are still waiting to get our plates...I have to say I'm looking forward to it!! Glad you got outta jail free. :)

    ReplyDelete