VERY RANDOM
What? I swear I am not this high maintenance, but what I would give for a little woman's shave gel in an aerosol can. Conditioner, way too runny, shower gel, too drying, the natural stuff that comes in a tube, just plain gross. So I settle.
What I have resorted to:

I guess if it is good enough for some dude's face it is good enough for my legs...but this might be a new low! I mean can you read what the can says?!?!?!? Beard Buster! So gross.
Why don't you exist here? And who knew you couldn't ship aerosol cans?!?! Makes sense, but just never had to think about it before! Ugh.
2. Lemons
Dumb, right? But something I think about daily! Seriously, they do not exist here. Limes, limes, limes, limes until you are blue in the face....no lemons.



Which is funny to me because aren't they basically the same? If you can grow limes, why can't you grow lemons? And I know you are laughing at me right now. What is the big deal, they are close enough, right? But seriously, they just aren't. Ever try a recipe with lime zest instead of lemon zest? Totally sick. It is too tangy, too harsh, too not lemon tasting, and just not right at all. And I bet you never stopped to think about how much you use lemons....in that great vinaigrette, over fish, in your tea, in your cocktail, with your blueberry pancakes....so many things and sadly limes just do not cut it. Don't get me wrong, I do it anyway, but still...it is just not right, not right at all.
3. Chatting on my cell phone.

Okay, now I know you really must think I am nuts. Of course I have a cell phone here. I paid twelve dollars for it and buy minutes when I need them, it is amazingly easy and so perfect. Why don't we have such a system in the states?!?! I could even have a BlackBerry with pay-as-you-go minutes if I wanted....absolutely brilliant! So what is the problem? Well, I miss the chatting. Of course we have our home phone that we talk to you all the time on, but it is just not the same. I miss being able to take advantage of those few moments you have in between errands or meetings to pick up the phone and just say hi. With a land line it is so much more complicated. We are never home so I feel like I always miss your calls and there never feels like there is enough time to sit down and chat. With my old trusty cell phone I could chat with you while walking to brunch, going through the grocery aisles, waiting in line at the dry cleaners, and I always felt caught up. I know I have to change my mind set about the land line and just make more time, but for now I miss my in between time, being able to catch up whenever I want, and never missing your calls.
Craig's one random: pale-ale.
3 random things I adore:
1. Coming home for lunch....
And staying home. I work for peanuts, therefore have decided I can set my own hours. I go in late, work a few hours, come home, make lunch, workout, whatever. It is a total unexpected bonus. Still somehow I never have time and am never home to get your calls, but still, total bonus.
2. Fresh coconut water
Can you say obsessed! There is a little Guatemalan lady that sits in the corner of the grocery store and presses fresh coconuts with what lots like something you may find in the tool shed, bottles it and sells it for pennies. It is absolutely amazing and I am convinced it makes me more balanced, hydrated and a better worker outer (hello who reads hollywood gossip!?!?!). We go through jugs of it per week. Incredible.
3. Ministry of Culture radio station
Okay, weird but true. All classical all the time, and it is fabulous. How else are you going to fight the madness on the road?!?!?
laughed out loud - we don't have lemons either!!!!! and the weird thing is...the Vietnamese call limes...."lemons"....they are amazing limes with no seeds and loads of flavor, but I agree, I miss lemons!!!
ReplyDeleteand I also miss chatting on the cellphone...especially with you xoxoxoxo