So now just 2 weeks into this new adventure, my life hadn't changed at all, Craig's had dramatically -- new job after 8 years in the Senate, 100 new best friends -- I however was still plugging along as usual...well sort of!
I was totally freaking out! I could not get my hands on enough information about the Foriegn Serivce and what our life would be like, how the process really worked, and when we would be leaving...FREAKING OUT!
Handing over my life and being on someone else's timeline...what about the huge gala I had coming up, what about the exhibition openings, what about Monica's wedding, what about me?
I am so not cool, however much I want to think I am, I am so far from it! Going with the flow and letting everything take its course does not sit so well with me...no wonder I am event planner...PLANNER!!!!!
Well one thing I had to do was tell my work...so hard! Not knowing when we would leave, or where we would even be leaving to, but I couldn't live with myself if I didn't loop them in...thankfully I wasn't let go on the spot and got to stick around until the very end...and be able to share my total panic with everyone around me. As you all know -- I am the WORST person at keeping anything in!
No comments:
Post a Comment