Thursday, October 22, 2009

Let's do it...

About 6 months ago, my husband, well actually still my boyfriend at the time, got "the call"...so mysterious, right?!?!? "The call" as people refer to it was really an email in an old email account that we almost missed...Craig thankfully found the very offical note in his junk mail before the 3 day "think about it" period passed (we had 1 day at this point)..called me at work, and without hesitating I was on board -- I mean we had known for the last 3 years (yes it took three years to jump through all the hoops) that this could maybe happen, and it seemed like just the change we needed...so I was on board...


We did need change -- change of pace, change of scenery, change of everything...we were 5th years seniors in DC, tired of saying goodbye to our nearest and dearest, and ready for a new adventure ourselves -- and I got exacty what I wished for...in a blink of an eye, no time to plan, no time to think...
4 weeks later Craig was in his training class (the 144th A100 Class) with about 100 other fellow diplomats, took his oath of office, and it seemed our new life was starting to take shape....

No comments:

Post a Comment