A few days into Craig's A100 class we got "the list." (I am not sure why everything is so dramatic..."the call" and "the list"...)
Anyway, "the list" -- the list of all the places in the world you could be sent -- with exactly one place for each person in Craig's class...OMG!
At first glance all I could see was Italy, Fiji, Buenos Aires...AMAZING...okay I am totally on board for this, picturing myself already on the beach in Fiji in a mu mu or in some ridiculous outfit in Milan maxed out on cappuccinos.
At second glance it was Pakistan, Afghanistan, Sudan, Niger, border Mexico...ugh "world wide available" was starting to seem way less exotic and just plain scary...
We at least got the opportunity to rank the places and voice our preferences -- and thankfully there are some very brave souls out there that actually want to go to the war torn places...so in my head I was back on the beach in Fiji, but also mentally preparing myself for border Mexico...I went to college in Southern California and have many fond memories of Rosarita Beach (ahhh...SO GROSS!!!) okay so maybe not the new fabulous life I had conjured up in my head, but I do love tacos and I do always regret not buying some of that sparkly art sold at the border....
Craig and I tried to thoughtfully think through all the posts, easier said then done, but we were happy with how it all turned out and ready to sign over our fate...
No comments:
Post a Comment