Monday, February 28, 2011

And........

We are off to Frankfurt!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Words cannot even begin to do justice to how we are feeling. Over-the-moon elated, excited, relieved....OMG I cannot believe we get to spend two years in Europe!

I am not going to lie, I have not slept properly since we sent off our bid list. There were too many wild cards to rest easy and who likes not having any control over the future path of their life?!?!? Not me!

But when it turns out fab.....I am all on board!

So watch out Frankfurt, here we come! Craig is already dreaming of the beer and bratwurst....I am consumed with the idea of seeing all the museums, flea markets and walking around until my hearts content! (I think I may be most excited to be able to live in a walking city again....weirdo!) And of course Octoberfest, hello!

And on top of all of that...we are overjoyed at the fact that we also get to spend 10 months in DC, back to our old stomping grounds, back to our DC friends, restaurants and culture, and of course back to the good ol' US of A....SO excited!

(And here's to butchering a new language.....ugh.)

But seriously....we are truly celebrating and dreaming of the following:


And if couldn't get any better....we have fallen even more in love Guatemala. Our time here will be coming to an end and we have found a new sort of gusto for wanting to explore this place. Lots to do and see and love in the next 8 months or so....



4 comments:

  1. Congrats! Frankfurt was our last post. The one suggestion I would have for you is to buy a good white noise machine, the apartments need a little more soundproofing. Otherwise enjoy the tour!

    BTW You must try doner kebaps! YUM with beer to die for total heaven! There is a little bakery in a grocery store about a block off the Seidlung (the housing) that sells chocolate croisants. Total diet buster but ohhhhh so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so exciting!! Germany is one of my dream posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yea!!! Hope to see you here or there.

    ReplyDelete