Thursday, February 10, 2011

Coloring in the lines...

Is a personal preference thing, perhaps a personality or mood thing, but regardless, doesn't really matter.

But driving in the lines however, should be mandatory. Or at least that is how it goes in my head. I honestly do believe that everyone else out there, driving with me, on the shared, very crowded, roads, thinks that the painted lines are optional, maybe for decoration, or perhaps just a suggestion. I don't know what they are thinking, but it is chaos, pure chaos.


But then it dawned on me this afternoon....perhaps I should join them? Why should I always be fighting it, trying to follow rules that obviously no one else follows, pissed when no one else is doing what I am doing?!??!?!?

I should follow suit, go with the flow...it is probably safer to drive in the middle of two lanes than trying to fight someone out of mine...right?!?!? And maybe it's liberating, you know, just like when you decide not to follow the rules and color outside the lines?!?!?

I don't know if I am brave enough to test out my theory, but I will keep you posted...

1 comment:

  1. I have completely done this in the DR - it is both liberating and a huge stress reducer! I say go for it! Just, of course, buckle up!

    ReplyDelete