From Guatemala...

We have the day off, we already went to the Ambassador's official party decked out in seersucker and red white and blue...

but it just doesn't feel right.
There is something about sweating because it is too hot and humid, eating too many hot dogs, getting popsicle down the front of your cute shirt, and almost lighting your eyelashes on fire with sparklers to make it really feel like the 4th.
It is sadly now the rainy season here and there are no sparkers to be found....but we will celebrate, indulge in the proper fare of hot dogs, hamburgers, and beers, and make the most of it.
But if I can be totally honest....there is just something about being in America for the 4th. You can't replicate it. I hope you all have a wonderful and safe holiday....and we will be there, Stateside, with you next year!
Happy 4th! What a cute photo!
ReplyDeletereally cute outfits. hope you enjoy, it's funny how you don't think about the 4th too much before you join the FS (or maybe I didn't...).
ReplyDeleteHappy 4th of July :-) I'm headed to Guat on Friday for 11 days for a service trip. I've heard there's a lot of rain right now :-)
ReplyDeleteOMG! Craig is wearing Sean's wedding outfit!!! Love it.
ReplyDelete