Thursday, December 3, 2009

The Metric System...

I am very happy to report that I have finally gotten back into a workout routine -- well, honestly I have worked out 4 days in a row, and in my head that totally qualifies me as a dedicated workerouter.

Anyway, for this entire week I thought that I had taped into some super exercise power and that there must be something really amazing about being here in Guatemala. I have been rocking my little runs, we're talking 5 miles, 6 miles just churning it out like some running pro -- in all my years of tying to be fit I would be really happy to knock out 3 miles, I mean VERY happy! Well, I am an idiot! It just dawned on me today that everything out here is according the metric system!!! I am PISSED!!! So I was running 5 KILOMETERS, not miles...and don't laugh -- yes it took me all week to finally figure this out. I have never really liked math, and this is just one more case against it!

But....I am not going to let this little set back defeat me -- I am perfectly fine with lying to myself and pretending I am running miles on that little treadmill! Stay tuned, maybe one of these days I will get up to 10!

Which reminds me -- I really miss American tv. I am absolutely embarrassed to admit this and of course I miss my family and friends more -- but I also wish I knew who was winning Biggest Loser and I am bracing myself for perhaps missing the premier of the Real Housewives of DC! (Yes, I love terrible television, please don't judge me!)

2 comments:

  1. You crack me up! Between your Montezumas Revenge, thinking everyone was clapping for you, not knowing you were running in Kilometers and missing Desperate Housewives of DC...Im seriously getting a kick outta you being in Central America!! Keep the stories and adventures coming, I love them!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're too funny! I wonder if you can get this site there: sidereel.com you can look up all your shows. How do you think I stay on top of the biggest loser and top chef!

    ReplyDelete