I want to browse through little boutiques, find that cute top, must have pair of shoes, I want to try them on, I want to feel the fabrics, and I want to smell all the perfume samples. Online clothes and personal affects shopping never quite does it for me. Besides, have you seen my closet or make-up drawer? I could use a little break. It is probably best for all involved that I can't find the right place to buy all the things I covet.
But all that random stuff, all the things that truly make my little world go round, that I can't quite get my hands on, or if I do somehow manage to find it, it is weird, not quite right, and/or outrageously expensive. This exercise is beyond frustrating, but doesn't have to be....Amazon always has it all!
Can you hear the excitement in my voice?!?!?! It seriously makes me so happy. (Does this make me a bad, superficial person?!?!?)
Of course Amazon is nothing new, certainly not anything to conjure up such excitement, and I know you can't help but shake your head at me for being so silly about this....but seriously, it is my life in a third world country dream come true! Not to mention they have free shipping. (How did anyone do the FS before the Internet? Seriously?)
Recent purchases have included: a printer cartridge, hand weights, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser, and art supplies...all things a little run to Target would solve...but alas we live in Guatemala and I don't think I will be going native anytime soon. I heart Amazon.
P.S. A little side note about the hand weights, super random I know, but let me tell you, I searched this city high and low for a decent sporting goods store that would actually sell something other than soccer equipment (no offense soccer fans), and to my luck I finally tracked down a normal store, that actually had what I wanted....but here's the catch, low and behold, they only had one weight in the weight I wanted. Yes, just one. Who in the world bought the other weight? And what in the world are they doing with one little dinky dumbbell? One bicep curl at a time? After all the effort I put into finding this stupid store I thought I was going to die....really?!?!? Just one?!?!? But of course, a few clicks through Amazon and I had in my cart, just what I wanted. Ahh, old friend, you have come through again.
And please, you don't have to be worried or start a support group for me. I promise my love of Amazon is in check. And I of course do not like to keep things easy or simple....a year in, failure after failure, I still think that I will be able to find whatever it is I need to find somewhere here. And run around from place to place to place to place. And of course, Amazon will never be able to replace the sense of accomplishment or instant gratification you have when you actually do find what you were looking for!
Oh Tasha - I heart Amazon too:). I have had to control myself and not go on the site to browse as much. I recently bought dehydrator mesh screens, wooden puzzle for my daughter, sunflower seed butter, and a small play dish set. I LOVE Amazon - the best thing ever and I don't know how they did it without the Internet.
ReplyDelete