Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Old lady chest....

I cannot for the life of me seem to learn my lesson when it comes to the Guatemalan sun. It is a strong, very punitive sun like I have never experienced....and time and time again it shows me who is the boss....not me.

I have been burnt more times in our year here than I have in my entire life....and it seems to always be on my chest...it never fails. I am so nervous for my poor skin....old lady wrinkles seem to be inevitable at this point! SO AWFUL.

And I know you are already shaking your head at me, scolding me for not taking the proper precautions...but surprisingly, I am super serious about sun screen! I swear!

Long gone are my days of SPF 4 oil that smells like Malibu Rum....in my now older, much wiser, more mature days I never dip below SPF 15, usually actually sport 30, have special stuff for my face, on top of my eye cream, face cream, and tinted moisturizer that also have SPF in it....I am obsessed.

But apparently not enough! If you are out, even for 5 minutes with nothing on....you will get fried, fried, fried....and so here I am with my at least 10th burn of our time here. Terrible.

And now I am going to look like that old lady from Something About Mary....ugh.

2 comments:

  1. Reminds me of our good ole days of slip n sliding in the back yard on the huge tarp. I am thrilled that we don't already look like raisins!

    ReplyDelete
  2. too funny Tasha! You know I'm right there with you!

    ReplyDelete