Thursday, March 31, 2011

El Radio....

I love listening to the radio here....LOVE. For some reason they have the best mixes of old school American songs....and when I say best, I mean the worst, worst, worst....but so bad that it is actually good and you get totally sucked in.

For example, I have never heard the Ghostbusters theme song so many times in my entire life....but I moved here and I hear it almost everyday. And you know what? Its sort of catchy. I guess you could count me as a fan.


Or Milli Vanilli! When was the last time you even thought about them, heard "Blame it on the Rain" in the last decade, let alone listened to more than one of their songs in the same hour?!?!? Yes, they have more than one song and they all play very frequently here. It is amazing.


But my true fav...Ace of Base! They are alive and well in Guatemala!


El radio....never ending source of entertainment, a hidden gem if you will.

2 comments:

  1. Manila is the same! Today, I heard SWV singing "Weak" while I was grocery shopping and totally busted out in song. Yep, I'm that girl in the grocery store.

    Maybe I'll fit right in when we get to Guatemala...

    ReplyDelete