So I know all the hubbub about the Royal Wedding is over and we have moved on to bigger and better news...hello Osama. So I am so behind in posting this, but I am still into the whole thing...I mean who doesn't want to be a royal?!?!?
Anyway, I wasn't that into it that I got up at 2am to watch it. Well I was sort of up but couldn't commit to the next four hours in the wee morning so I went to back to bed....and then proceeded to avoid all things internet for the whole day (okay who am I fooling, I was obsessed). But in fairness I didn't want to ruin the whole experience because we were invited to watch the whole procession at the British Ambassador's home. So not quite the real thing....but technically we were on British soil which is sort of exciting and with a bunch of Brits with fabulous accents....so totally authentic in my book! (And given my tendency to over exaggerate things, I am sure when I tell this story a few years down the road I will some how twist it in my head and convince myself that we were actually there!)
And the best part, Queen Elizabeth made an appearance....
I just wish I had a fascinator.
And funny, I think I finally realized why my husband doesn't like to watch his beloved college basketball games with others....nobody cares as much as you do and it is totally distracting. Yes, I was the weirdo telling people to quiet down so I could better concentrate on Kate's grand entrance. Someone put me away, I have really lost it.
Im with you 100% girlfriend! I was one of the weirdos up from 2:30am-4am watching the whole thing...and I loved every minute of it!!
ReplyDeleteTotally empathize with Craig on watching sports alone. That's how I am with my college football. Shut me in a room.
ReplyDelete