Has come true!
I have been away for too long and totally don't know what is cool and hip.
I made a vow when we started this adventure that I would never be one of those FS folks that time stopped for them the minute they joined or that got so wrapped up in a culture they even adopted the dress. I mean good for these people, so dedicated to their work, so touched by their post....but I don't want to be that person! I don't want you to look at me and go, ahh, 2009, she's trapped in 2009. Or...lovely head wrap, did you spend some time in Africa?
So with this vow comes knowing what is actually going on in the big, wide fashion world. I love my fashion and design blogs, love my little reminders that Nordstrom's half yearly sale is going on now, love my little People.com update everyday....but apparently my love and daily quest for what is out there, is not enough!
Have you heard of feather extensions?



Well apparently this is all the rage....and I had no idea! The nightmare I have been dreading....not a single clue! My very hip, in the total know girlfriend announced she was getting them, because you know, all the cool kids are doing it....and I had absolutely no idea what she was talking about! Obviously a few google searches later I am totally up-to-date....but this really blindsided me! What else am I missing?!?!??! I thought I was on top of this.....total blow.
It has taken a few weeks, but I have since recovered and have up'd my internet routines, have really tried to fine tune my searching skills.....but I can't help but think it may be a lost cause. Not only do I live in Guatemala....I am also getting old!
So here's to trying and to having cool friends that will always keep you in the know. I obviously can't do it alone....
I love your blog - it is so perfect, so honest, so funny - thanks for writing it, it brings a smile to my face - can't wait to have you guys back in DC, even if just for a little while!
ReplyDeleteTomorrow's the day! And you know I'll always keep you in the loop Tasha!
ReplyDeleteApparently the use of feather extensions has affected Idaho fly fishing shops: www.idahostatesman.com/2011/06/03/1674024/high-fashion-or-bait-fly-ties.html
ReplyDelete