But what a welcome, I think I could get used to this life! First we were greeted as soon as we stepped off the plane -- I have always wanted to be that person who had a person holding a sign with their name on it -- I know I am such a weirdo and I cannot believe I am admitting this in such a public forum, but it is true and my dream has come true. And it felt as good as I thought it would! Next we were whisked away to the VIP lounge, huge leather recliners and all, as an expidited took our paperwork and luggage through customs. The next thing I know our luggage is waiting in the car and we are off to the hotel. What? No standing in lines, lugging bags that weigh as much as I do? This is amazing! The hotel is great, we have a care package waiting for us, and dinner plans already lined up -- all the waiting has been worth it! And have I mentioned it is 80 degrees and sunny, everyday?!?!?!?
Also, as we all know Guatemala City is not the safest city, but I am pleasantly surprised by my surroundings. I feel a lot safer than I thought I would, the city is a lot cleaner than I had imagined, and the people are SO NICE! (And have really nice teeth. I know such a weird thing, but it kees grabbing my attention!) I think I am going to like this place...
And the back to office is suiting Craig well -- first day of school shot -- so cute!
I am so jealous, I always wanted to be one of those people with a sign waiting for them when they get off the plane!!
ReplyDelete