Sunday, November 29, 2009

Goodbye DC!





Yes...we are finally moving! All the prep and undoing all the prep, finally it is time to start this new adventure and really start our lives....I CANNOT WAIT!

It was sort of surreal to have the movers come in and dismantle our lives in a matter of hours, in what seemed like minutes they had successfully gone through all of our stuff (I tried, but they wouldn't tell me about the crazy things they have seen in other people's homes -- you know it has got to be pretty bizarre!) wrapped it up, boxed it and they were off! They were so fast they wrapped up our old toaster oven with our toast in it -- I kept the old thing out so we could have breakfast, and when I turned around they got to it before I could tell them not to touch it. That is one thing I am not looking forward to unwrapping! Old toast and I am sure a little critter, sick.

The next day the second crew came and loaded our whole life into six crates, six, that is it. See you in about 3 months...hopefully!

But most importantly -- goodbye DC! It has been a good run -- six years in total, many, many good times, great friends, and a lot of memories. And a very special thank you to all of our friends who made our last days so special. We miss you already -- come visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment